Re: RFS: b5

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 07:32:28PM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> Oh no, please don't.  You should use the same release tarball for Debian that
> you actually release.  That's what "pristine source tarball" means.  If you

That's what I thought, too.  I just happened to think that it also
implies that I can release the package native, since the pristine source
does not need a .diff.gz to build into a Debian package.  But apparently
(although I still find the argument very weak, even if the consensus is
strong) I can't do that.

> decide that you want to release the debian/ directory, then it should be in
> the tarball (and you probably end up with an empty diff.gz).  I would advise
> against it, but not strongly. ;-)  I would advise strongly against a native

It seems the only sensible way, then, because I really want to include
the debian/ files in my real release (they contain possibly useful
metadata, like the changelog, after all).

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835
technical contact:	atehwa@iki.fi, http://www.iki.fi/atehwa/