Re: RFS: cgames

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:18:25AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:11:49PM +0200, Panu Kalliokoski wrote:
> > cgames is an implementation of some traditional puzzle games for the
> > console by Brian Raiter.  These versions are built with ncurses support
> > instead of the niftier (but less portable) Linux console interface with
> > graphical fonts.
> Perhaps you want to compile it with that support when its available?

This won't work in general, because even if the developer happened to be
on a Linux console at the time of compilation, you couldn't tell whether
the program will be run on an xterm, console, rxvt or whatnot.

> I don't know if a single package name should have one thing on one
> arch and another thing on another arch, though.  So you might just
> have multiple package names, or, a single package name, which
> sometimes includes 2 binary executables, and sometimes just 1 (this is
> what makes sense if the executables are small; ~100K).

These sound like workable solutions, and I could add this if some user
really wants the Linux console UI.  I'm not eager to do it "just in case
somebody wants"; if I take that road, I'll have a _lot_ of wasted work
done.

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835