Re: has webmin disapeared on Etch/Sid?

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 04:51:46PM -0200, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 2/18/06, Rakotomandimby Mihamina
> <mihamina.rakotomandimby@etu.univ-orleans.fr> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 13:31 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > [webmin & webmin-* package]
> > > Any takers are welcome! even non-debian developers can do it!
> >
> > Ok, let's say I'll try to take it.
> > - Where could I find the latest source package? I am _not_ going to
> > rebuild the entire package.
>
> Here:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/webmin/

This is *not* the latest source package. The latest source was 1.230-1,
and was removed in january (See #343897). The files in the above
directory is the stable (sarge) version.

I assume the last version is in the alioth subversion repository or so.
Failing that, look at snapshot.debian.net

Please note that a package like webmin is not easy to maintain, because
it's quite involved and because of the nature of the beast (automatic
configuration management, web interface) requires some intimate
knowledge of Debian packaging. It might prove a very difficult task for
an inexperienced maintainer, and I'd certainly not suggest such package
as one to start with as Debian maintainer.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl