Re: Users with rights of root

On Saturday 18 February 2006 16:04, Servio Benitez wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have the version debian 3.1 Sarge, and i need to create an user with
> the same rights of the root.
>
>   How can i do it?
>
>   Thanks,
Hi

I think the best way to give normal users more rights is to use "sudo" and I
think this is what you want ;)
Just install the package "sudo" and use the command "visudo" as root and add
some users.
You find a good documentation with the command "man sudoers" .
If you just want to give a user full rights copy the line with root and change
root into username.
Then the user can execute every command, for example "sudo passwd" changes the
root password, so be careful ;)

Greetings
Steffen