Re: Some files in /usr/share/doc/foo stay uncompressed, some are compressed

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:01:27 -0200, "Nelson A. de Oliveira"
<naoliv@gmail.com> wrote:
>You can do this:
>
>If the .txt files are really important and necessary, you may left
>them uncompressed and you won't need to patch the html file.
>
>If the .txt files aren't very important, you can compress the .txt and
>then patch the html file.
>
>For example, the original html has something like this:
>"You can see an example at file.txt."
>
>On the modified one, you can put:
>"You can see an example at file.txt.gz (compressed)."

Please, don't treat me as a clueless newbie. The package in question
is exim4-doc-html, the documentation for Debian's default MTA. The
fact that I maintain that package should show that I have been around
the block multiple times.

What you outline is exactly what I wrote in my original question. I am
pretty well aware of the technical possibilities. I am just pondering
which of the two ways to go, and re-iterating the possibilities along
with "it's your choice" doesn't help much.

Greetings
Marc