Re: bug pages and source packages

Package: bugs.debian.org

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 08:14:59PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Mentors!
>
> Since I didn't get an answer as d-d, I try it here ... Hope I have more
> luck!
Indeed, I have similar questions about the src package bug pages.

In particular, http://bugs.debian.org/src:xserver-xorg says
   Maintainer for source package xserver-xorg is Debian X Strike Force
but the PTS link tells me that xserver-xorg is a binary package built
by xorg-x11.  Indeed, http://bugs.debian.org/src:xorg-x11 lists many
more bugs.

So, at the very least, the BTS should not imply that xserver-xorg is a
source package.

IMO, when a src bug page is requested, if the given package is not a
source package, but rather a binary package, then it should be
"resolved" into the source package which builds the given binary
package, similar to "apt-cache showsrc xserver-xorg".

Norbert may have some additional, independent BTS bugs.