dh_installmenu does not call update-menus --remove in postrm

Hi,

my package provides a menu-method that for generating the debian menu.
The menu-method generates a file for each menu entry. The menu system
specifies means on how to remove those menu entries, which is done by
simply calling update-menus --remove. dh_installmenu creates commands
in the postrm script but does only remove the executable bit from the
menu-method, which prevents the method from being called on future
update-menu invocations. All the files that my menu-method created, however,
are left on the disk when removing the package.

Is there any special reason why dh_installmenu does not call update-menu with
the --remove option upon package removal? Should I add the command to the
script myself?

Thank you,
-Mike