Re: Submission

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 02:58:46PM -0500, Larry Owens wrote:
> How do I find where a package is installed on my hard drive by e.g.
> "apt-get install libpgeasy"?  For example, how do I find where a typical
> package, e.g. libpgeasy, is installed?
I don't know what you mean.  You can get the list of files included in
an installed package with dpkg -L.  You can get the list of files for
an arbitrary package (not necessary installed) using p.d.o (presently
unavailable), apt-file, or just by zgrepping the Contents.gz file.

Installed packages aren't guaranteed to have .debs anywhere on the
hard drive, although apt does keep a cache:
  /var/cache/apt/archives/

Justin

PS.  Why is your message titled "submission" ??

     Also, this message doesn't (I don't think) have anything to do
     with learning to build debian packages, and so this is the wrong
     list.