Re: timeout function in cryptsetup init script

Hi,

> indeed, it sounds exactly like what i'm searching for.
>
> but unfortunately it looks like cryptsetup does not have support for
> reading the password from stdin or command-line.

ah, I see, it is using getpass(3) if no keyfile has been
specified. Hmm, after having a glance at the source code,
the easiest thing seems to patch the source to accept
a new command-line option to specify a different input fd.
The rest of the code (lib/setup.c:get_key(), most importantly)
should work without a change.

Shall I try to wrap something up?

Regards,

Jan