Re: RFS: pyme

On Friday 27 January 2006 17:31, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> I need a sponsor for pyme package. My previous sponsor doesn't have the
> time currently to review the package i have made.

So far so good. Just some thoughts:

- Wouldn't it be better if the (source) package were called
  "python-pyme" instead of just "pyme"?
- The README.Debian doesn't add much value.  You mention
  python-pyme-doc in the "Suggests:" anyway. On the other hand
  a pointer to the examples might be useful.
- I'm not a CDBS guru but you list debian/README.Debian in
  the debian/docs file and also in the rules file. Isn't that
  redundant?
- In case you still want to list the README.Debian in debian/docs:
  you use a general "debian/docs" but also a more specific file
  "debian/python-pyme-doc.docs". I personally prefer to use only
  specific files to make clear which packages has to install which
  files.
- What worse: the package doesn't build in a pbuilder environment.
  "sh: gpgme-config: command not found" probably means that you
  missed a dependency.
- There is already a package called "python-gnupginterface" in Debian.
  In what way is PyMe different?

Since I couldn't build the package I haven't lintian checked it.
Could you take a look at it again? Thanks.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.