Re: RFS: dsbltesters

<отправлено в группы и по почте>

Christoph Haas wrote:

>> > - Please close the WNPP bug 273204 which you opened yourself
>> >   one and a half year ago.
>>
>> Ok, i'll close it.
>>
>> I assumed though that ITP should be closed after that the package was
>> become ready and was appeared in the pool. I'm i wrong?
>
> Please use the debian/changelog to close it.

http://www.de.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-upload-bugfix

Yes, that's better.

>> > - The copyright file should contain the years of copyright.
>>
>> Ok, i'll fix that.
>>
>> BTW i see many copyright files in Debian packages whitout (c)year lines.
>> Is it actually a violation?

http://groups.google.de/group/linux.debian.announce.devel/browse_frm/thread/ee00935883c7bec2/5326ec35388edb3c

IMHO, the Debian Policy really should be more exacting.

>> > - There has been long time no change. Did you contact the upstream
>> >   to make sure the software is still maintained?
>>
>> This piece of software is developed and distributed by dsbl.org project
>> which acts as great free network service. I have no doubt, the software
>> is pretty _useful_ as one of methods to open proxy/relay reliable
>> testing and it's included in FreeBSD ports collection. Should i care if
>> it wasn't updated for 2 years?
>
> The main concern is that security bugs may come up. And in that case the
> upstream should jump in quickly and help to fix it. If the upstream
> software became unmaintained then the situation may lead to the removal of
> the package.
>
> It's okay if the last update is a year ago. I just wanted to make sure you
> talked to the upstream at least once.

Waiting for the answer.

>> > - The package is not lintian clean. Three issues there.
>>
>> Do you mean issues above or something other? I saw only one:
>>
>> $ lintian dsbltesters_0.9.5-1.dsc
>> W: dsbltesters source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.6.1
>
> I got these messages:
>
> W: dsbltesters source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.6.1
> E: dsbltesters: file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile /etc/dsbl.conf
> W: dsbltesters: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file

>> Could you be so kind to check dsbltesters_0.9.5-2?
>
> Just did. Still not lintian clean. Did you use a current "Sid" (unstable)
> installation to build the package? These are the remaning messages:
>
> E: dsbltesters: file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile /etc/dsbl.conf
> W: dsbltesters: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
>
> Please make sure your package are lintian-clean.

Hmm... The history follows.

I made built package checks under my usual system (testing), and now i see
that it should be produced in pbuilder environment. I just added linda- and
lintian-hooks to pbuilder (DISTRIBUTION=testing). They reports:

Setting up linda (0.3.17) ...

Linda: Running as root, dropping to nobody.
E: dsbltesters; dsbl.conf is in /etc, but not marked as a conffile.

Setting up lintian (1.23.14) ...

E: dsbltesters: file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile /etc/dsbl.conf
W: dsbltesters: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file

To me, it's a kind of magic, because i use up-to-date etch system and
certanly same linda/lintian versions as for pbuilder environment. How come
the difference?

Anyway, now, pbuilder environment was upgraded for sid and next release
should be lintian-clean. Be so nice, look at dsbl-testers_0.9.5-3...

--
Regards,
Al Nikolov