Re: Lintian Warnings and Modifying Upstream Source

On Saturday 21 January 2006 01:15 pm, Cameron Dale wrote:

> The first 4 are easily fixed by removing the files. The last one is a
> little more problematic, but I asked on debian-legal, and as the
> license file is for the LGPL, then the package can redistribute it
> under the GPL, and I think that means I can remove the license file.
>
> I've asked upstream to remove these files, but no response yet.
>
> Cameron Dale

Just remove var/www/torrentflux/adodb/license.txt after the installation. You
definitely want to keep this file in the source package. You can then add a
reference to LGPL in debian/copyright like this:

On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU Lesser General Public
License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL.

Stan Vasilyev