Re: How to close Bugs in experimental

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 10:00 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > You mean "close" commands...
>
> No, as close commands ARE clearly deprecated as well, and not at all
> equivalent to adding a tag.  We are taliking about uploads to experimental,
> after all.

The close command was indeed deprecated, but this was before the arrival
of the version tracking feature. I've experienced myself that e.g.
making a mistake is not really correctable other than by using 'close'.

There's currently no other way to specify a fixed-version other than
mailing '-done' or using 'close. Mailing -done is not always
appropriate. This will trigger a mail to the submitter which is not
desirable if you for example just want to specify the affected version
better, or made a mistake when using the 'found' or 'reopen' command.

There needs to be a way to indicate a fixed-version without telling the
submitter that their bug is being closed. This tool is currently using
'close'. Either close needs to be de-deprecated (precated?) for this
use, or there needs to be a new command allowing this. Maybe 'found' can
be extended to also allow a fixed-version to be specified.

Thijs