Re: Depending on non-buggy versions?

> If you require a minimal version, you should have a versioned
> (build-)depenancy.  (Unless stable already has the required version,
> you don't need to support installing your package on older versions
> that that.)
>
> If there was a buggy version that was only in unstable for a short
> time, you don't need to do anything special about it other than
> requesting binNMUs if needed.
>
> If the buggy version is still in stable or testing, you should have a
> dependancy or conficts to avoid it.
Now I know why we call it unstable :-) I also read from your email that
this allows dropping a versioned dependency (>= n) once version >= n has
entered stable. That makes sense.

Let me think this through: Once a buggy package has entered testing but
was replaced by a version which fixed the bug, no versioned dependency
against it is required in my package, because we care only for a working
stable release, a working *current* testing and a working upgrade path.
Right?

Thanks,

Ben

--