Depending on non-buggy versions?

Hello,

I am wondering if my package should depend/build-depend on a special
minimum version of another package, if my package fails to work with
earlier buggy versions of the packages I depend on.
For example the libqt4 is buggy in version 4.1 which causes my package
(packagesearch) to crash. I've worked around the QT bug for now, but
would like to drop this workaround at one point. The bug will be fixed
in the next upstream release of QT which is 4.1.1. So basically my
package depends on: libqt4(<<4.1) || libqt4(>=4.1.1). However because
the reason for the crash is a bug in QT and not an incompatability by
design, I am not sure if I should state dependencies at all.
There are other scenarios which are similar where I have to make this
decision.

Thanks Ben
--
Please do not send any email to ben-ml@gmx.net -- all email not