Re: RFS: tikiwiki

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> http://moritz-naumann.com/adv/0003/tikiw/0003.txt
> Is this fixed in your package, the advisory says that 1.9.2 is affected
> as well?

The developers claim that 1.9.2 is not vulnerable, contrary to what was
stated in the advisory. See
http://www.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/securityfocus/bugtraq/2005-11/0333.html
.

My tests confirm this.

> Given that there've been four vulnerabilities in TikiWiki for 2005 alone,
> does upstream have a reasonable security policy,

There is a mechanism in place for reporting security problems:
  http://tikiwiki.org/TikiSecurity

Recent issues seem to have been fixed and patched in a timely manner.
Announcements are posted to mailing lists and on the web site. Changes
and workarounds were described in detail, see for example:
  http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=118

Of the recent security problems, one was in the XML-RPC library which is
part of PEAR. Since my package doesn't contain Tikiwiki's versions of
external libraries, it would have been fixed by the php-pear package.

For the code injection vulnerabilities, I have applied stricter access
controls in the Apache configuration, and plan to make further
restrictions to prevent these attacks.

Marcus