Re: RFS: libssh -- SSH and SCP library (new package)

On Thursday 21 December 2006 03:24, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> good, i would uploaded it.. but why is your orig.tar.gz not maching the
> upstream ones (different md5)?

  Laurent's orig.tar.gz has different md5 because from dpkg's point of view,
0.2rc is superior to 0.2, thus he renamed the top directory to 0.2~rc1, which
is a better version number for Debian.
  My orig.tar.gz had different md5 because I'm used to make packages against a
subversion snapshot, thus generating orig.tar.gz myself, which is a very bad
habit.
  So I've updated my package to fix the version number, and use real
orig.tar.gz (but still repackaging it to match version number, so different
md5).
  http://dgnr.free.fr/debian/unstable/libssh_0.2~rc1-1.dsc

--
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester