Re: Packages (using C++) for two different distributions

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> wrote:

> I'm not a Debian developer, but I would think the easiest thing to do is to
> install pbuilder and create a chroot for Debian.  Since the source package
> will be the same (libgmp-dev, I'd guess) for both, you can use pbuilder to
> generate the Debian package in a chroot.

This is a possibility. You can also use debootstrap directly to generate
a chroot environment and work there whenever you need (no need to
compact the filesystem).

There are packages in Debian that are supposed to ease the creation of
such chroots, but I didn't try them. And there is also cdebootstrap, as
an alternative to debootstrap (didn't try it either).

--
Florent