Re: netcdf packages

On Friday 15 December 2006 17:22, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Known issues:
> * haven't bumped soname for C++ yet. I want to see if upstream will do
>   that.

Ed from upstream had a question:

***
I'm not too strong yet on how these numbers are used, but last time I
looked into it the conclusion was to release version 3.6.2 of netCDF
with:

-version-info 0:0:0

Any comments would be welcome. Do you think this is correct?
***

Can you please comment on this issue as to what would help us ship a
non-modified upstream soname?

> * researching cfortran.h issue

I have asked upstream to prefer the system version of cfortran.h over the one
included in the tarball.

> * info pages not moved yet, as I am working with upstream on a configure
>   script issue

The next beta release will use a newer version of autotools that addresses
this problem entirely.

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science