Re: RFS: liblinux-kernelsort-perl | Simple sorting library for kernel version strings

Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> http://debian.rfc2324.org/debian/dists/sid/liblinux-kernelsort-perl/binary-all/liblinux-kernelsort-perl_0.01-1.dsc

>>   * The line with the Homepage in control should have two leading
>>     spaces.
>
> done.
> Silly question, why?

someone somewhen decided that this is bestpractise and documented the
two leading spaces in the developers reference. roumors has it, that it
is required for some automatic tools.

as long as it is written in the developers reference, we should follow
this best practise, or, if the bestpractise changed, update the
developers reference.

>>   * remove the configure: target, it's useless
>
> done.

also remove configure from PHONY.

>>   * hint: if you include dpatch.make, you can write much simpler rules,
>>     look at e.g. lwp for an example.
>
> done.
> Thank´s for the hint!

welcome :)

btw, you should do patch-stamp and not patch.

>>   * remote the commended dh_* calls, as well as the ones which are not
>>     required for your package, e.g. dh_installexamples and some more.
>
> done.

you forgot to remove dh_installman

>>   * remove the:
>> ## All lines beginning with `## DP:' are a description of the patch.
>>     lines from all dpatches.
>
> It removed that line from all patches.
> Do you want me to remove the patch information lines to remove, too?
> (E.g. ## DP: This patches fixes all your problems)
> I would like to keep them even though they are not neccessary for these
> easy patches.

no, in contrary: the descriptions (## DP: lines) are very good and
recommended to have; but the description about the description is just
useless...; so, everything's fine now.

the rest is good now.