Re: how remove leading / at dh_install ?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:18:30 +0100
"François Févotte" <francois.fevotte@ensta.org> wrote:

> Unless I misunderstood your problem, you could for exemple try something like:
> # Relative path
> BUILDDIR=debian/php-java-bridge
> # Absolute path
> DESTDIR = ${CURDIR}/${BUILDDIR}
> # ./configure requires the absolute path
> ./configure --prefix=${DESTDIR}

Sorry for butting in, but that seems unwise: AFAIK, the "--prefix"
string's purpose is to tell where the software will be installed on the
user's machine. Some paths may get hardcoded into your software, and
you'll be sad if your binary ends up looking for icons or the like
in /home/me/debian/whatever.

I believe the Right Thing (TM) to do is
	./configure --prefix=/usr
	make
	DESTDIR=$(DESTDIR) make install

Might be wrong though, and if the software doesn't use helper files it
doesn't matter anyway.

> # dh_install uses the relative path
> dh_install ${BUILDDIR}/$(PHP_EXT_DIR)/JavaBridge.war  var/lib/tomcat5/webapps

Regards, Thibaut.