Re: RFS: knetstats

Daniel,

Thanks for all your points. I've re-uploaded it and now there are no lintian
warnings also. :-)

Daniel Baumann wrote:

> Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>> I've re-uploaded the package. Please have a look at it.
>
>   * you should not bump the revision, -1 was not uploaded to debian.

I've cleaned everything and re-uploaded it. Now it's revision is again -1.
Probably when you push it further, it becomes -2.

>>> your package is a native package, don't do this. additionally, please
>>> fix the following things:
>>
>> I wasn't able to understand much about this issue (Maybe because I've not
>> done much reading).
>
> you shall not include the debian/ directory in the upstream tarball
> (tar.gz), but have a orig.tar.gz and seperate diff.gz containing the
> debian/* files and every other modification you did.

This is fixed.

>> There are many packages which don't have a proper version
>> format. How do the maintainers tackle such software ?
>
> i don't know what you mean with this.
>
>>>   * this is ugly (in README.Debian):
>> I didn't understand this much.
>>
>> ---snipp---
>>   -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com>, Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
>>  ---snapp--
>>
>>     and this is beautiful:
>>
>> ---snip---
>>   -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com>  Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
>>  ---snapp---
>>
>>    note that only the comma is different after your email address.
>>

>> FIXED
>
> nope, you removed the comma instead of replacing it with a space.

This is fixed.

>>   * this is wrong:
>>
>> ---snipp---
>>   Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
>>  ---snapp---
>>
>>     and this is right:
>>
>> ---snipp---
>>    Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
>>  ---snapp---
>>
>>     note the *two* leading spaces.
>>
>> Not sure what it was. Maybe FIXED.
>
> nope, there is still only one leading space in bevore Homepage.

This is fixed.

>>   * remove the useless commented things in debian/rules and
>>      debian/watch.
>>  FIXED
>
> nope. rules still contains a lot of commented, useless and not used dh_*
> calls. remove them.

This is fixed.

>>   * your manpage does not get installed, you have to use debian/manpage
>>      for that (read man dh_installman)
>> FIXED
>
> if you add a manpage, you should place it in the debian directory, not
> into the upstream sources.

This is fixed.

> additonally:
>
>   * you should build with DH_VERBOSE enabled by default.

The rules file contains DH_VERBOSE=1

>   * i suggest to include a xpm file and add it to menu.

knetstats has its own .png file which gets displayed in the menu. Do you think
an xpm is still required ?

Thanks,
Ritesh
--