Re: netcdf packages

Hi Warren,

some further notes (as an addition to my previous written notes), as i
actually figured to get it built (pooh, was some work).

General:
In my other mail i told you that i think it is bad to use a pre-beta.
Now that i got this package to compile my impression is hardened because
while compiling there do occur about several hundred of warnings. Okay,
but i commit, that i don't know if a stable release of netcdf is
building cleaner. Also build process is taking a *very* long time, but
thats because of CDBS.

debian/control:
 * You miss some build-deps. The build process does use texi2dvi while
building, which is in package texinfo. Also you need to build-depend on
tex because texi2dvi does not work without a running tex installation.

Version of your package results in a lintian warning, because your
version string is not like it should be in Debian. Your version should
be foo-x.x.x (another .x is for NMUs).

Best Regards

Patrick