Re: RFS: LiE computer algebra for Lie groups

Ok. Further comment:

debian/dirs is not needed, the build system creates the dirs anyways.

You should ship manual.dvi in /usr/share/doc/lie
Read about doc-base and register it there, too.

Upstream's readme contains only compilation instructions. These are
not needed in a debian package, and thus should not be shipped.

The program uses less to show its internal help. You need to patch it
so that it uses sensible-pager instead. If the program can launch an
editor, it needs to be sensible-editor. (If the program's choice is
configurable by the user, those two should be its defaults)

Running lintian:
$ lintian -iI /var/cache/pbuilder/result/lie_2.2.2-1_i386.changes

E: lie_2.2.2-1_i386.changes: bad-section-in-changes-file lie_2.2.2-1.dsc contrib
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 2.4 for details.

As I said before, I believe this should be section: math
In case the license does not get sorted out, it would be in non-free/math

W: lie source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.6.2 (current is 3.7.2)

Update the standards version. There are no changes that affect this
package, so no further action is needed.

W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir box/CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir util/CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir static/CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir progs/CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir manual/CVS
W: lie source: source-contains-CVS-dir gapfiles/CVS

These dirs should not be shipped. They seem not to come from
upstream's tarball, but from your own system. Use cvs export to create
the dir from which you create the package. Better still, install and
use the cvs-buildpackage package to manage the whole thing.

W: lie: binary-without-manpage Lie.exe
W: lie: binary-without-manpage lie
N:
N:   Each binary in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin or /usr/games should
N:   have a manual page
N:

Please write manpages for these commands. You can write just one and
symlink it under both names. Document the command line options, if
they have them, or the lack of them. Mention the run time help. See
the debhelper example for a template.

W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/bin/lie

This file should have
#!/bin/sh
as its first line

W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.0
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.ind
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/LEARN.ind
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.4
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.3
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.2
W: lie: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/LiE/INFO.1

These should probably not be executable.

/usr/share/LiE should be renamed to /usr/share/lie

The following files are not text:
/usr/share/LiE/INFO.a
/usr/share/LiE/INFO.ind
/usr/share/LiE/LEARN.ind
Please make sure they are architecture independent. If not, they need
to be moved to /usr/lib. In that case, and seeing the way the program
seems to use them, the whole /usr/share/LiE dir should move to /usr/lib

Once you make these changes, repost your sponsor request.

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28

Billboard billboard burning bright / in my windshield every night.
Lead me to a decent joint / where I can stop and get a bite.