Re: RFS: wmshutdown -- A dockapp to shutdown or reboot the machine

On 03 Dec 2006 00:41:00 +0200, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> said:

This is just a quick review, so I may have missed some things...

> debian/changelog:

>     wmshutdown (0.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
[snip]
> * Makefile: changed program names to avoid clashes:
>  wmShutdown => wmshutdown. Shutdown => wmshutdown-run.
> * wmShutdown.c: Call new wmshutdown-run, not old Shutdown.

Renaming wmShutdown to wmshutdown is probably a bad idea.  It diverges
from upstream unnecessarily, and people who have it already installed
will have to change their WindowMaker (or other wm) configuration.

If wmshutdown-run is not intended to be run by users (which I assume it
is not), it is probably best to put it in, say, /usr/lib/wmshutdown/,
instead of in /usr/bin/.

And, unless I'm mistaken, the instructions in README.Debian should say
to chmod wmshutdown-run instead of wmshutdown.  And it should probably
contain some "don't do this unless you understand the security issues"
warning.

Also, you shouldn't add the '-r' flag to rm in the clean rule in the
Makefile.

--
Hubert Chan <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/