Re: RFS: uebimiau

Shachar Shemesh <shachar@debian.org> writes:

> You have a dependency on "misc:Depends", but you never set it. Just
> remove the dependency.

If you're using debhelper, it's usually best to retain misc:Depends even
if it's not currently being set.  Some later revision to debhelper may
need to set it for some reason, and if you don't include misc:Depends,
your package may then have the wrong dependencies.

> Remove the disabled debhelper lines in debian/rules. I'm surprised
> lintian doesn't complain about that one.

It's a little picky for lintian to complain about, although now that it's
mentioned in the reject FAQ it should probably be added.  The logic needs
a bit of finesse, though, since it shouldn't complain about a single
commented-out line.

> The only reason I can see that lintain did not complain about this is
> because, due to the way fakeroot was used, which means that the chgrp
> and chmod commands in your debian/rules did not have any effect.

I suspect dh_fixperms cleaning up after the fact rather than anything
related to fakeroot.