Re: variables from shell output in makefile

> Hello,
> Unfortunately, it does not work.
> The debian/rules processing uses make.
> And make does not expand "`" as an external shell command directive,
> like bash.
> It has the $(shell command) directive, instead.
> Thanks for your suggestion.

Surely it does, if used within a rule (and the mkdir thing must be part of a
rule).

Feel free to mail me your complete Makefile or paste it to paste.debian.net (and
send the link). I'm using this kind of expansion fairly often in my Makefiles.

Best,
Michael