Re: New request for checking: Java library tagsoup (ITP #359170)

James Westby wrote:
On (22/11/06 15:31), Paul Cager wrote:

I don't think the repackaging of the upstream zip file into a tarball
warrants a README.Debian-source file, so I would remove that.
I put this in because of section 6.7.8.2 in the Developers' Reference
seemed to require it. Is this right?

I read that section as the file is required if the repacking is for
anything other than the purely technical reason of having to do it to
get a tar.gz as opposed to any other format, as that is the only format
accepted for uploads to Debian.
There are many packages that repack a .tar.bz2 and don't document it.

That's good - I'll remove it. There's a get-orig-source target in debian/rules, anyway.

Thanks,
Paul