Re: RFS: tdicons

Am 2006-11-18 12:35:00, schrieb Ricardo Mones:

>   Hi Michelle,

>   This line comes from some mail template for debian-mentors? :)

Right

>   Please, do run an up to date lintian before writting it, you cannot
> figure out how disappointing is reading it and then found this:

> N:   The first line of the extended Description: should not repeat the
> N:   synopsis exactly. This indicates that either the synopsis is badly
> N:   formed or that the extended description has been wrongly copied and
> N:   pasted.

And which description do you prefer?

Should I leafe the long description out?

> E: tdicons64: changelog-file-not-compressed Changelog

Weired, since I have dh_compress in my debian/rules.
How can this come?

> N: Processing binary package tdicons48 (version 0.0.3-2) ...
> E: tdicons48: description-synopsis-is-duplicated
> E: tdicons48: changelog-file-not-compressed Changelog
> W: tdicons48: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog

I have used this "Changelog" for years like all other coders I know.

> usr/share/doc/tdicons48/Changelog I: tdicons48: unknown-field-in-control

> N:   The menu item has a line that is missing a required tag. It's likely
> N:   that the line will have no effect without this tag. install-menu may
> N:   report this as an error during package installation.

I think, lintian should reflect the Manual of "menu"
since I do not neew a !command" tag

>   In addition to this, I feel debian/copyright file is missing info.
>
>   Now, about the included icons, I hardly believe the Windows and MS-DOS
> icons are under the Artistic License.

OK, I will remove the Icons

>   The icons depicting Ossama Ben Laden and Britney Spears the are equally
> doubtful regarding the license, and, while I can play with the idea of using
> the first ones as xkill icons, I guess others may find additional objections
                    ^^^^^
          You can read my mind :-)

> to having them in their hard disks.
>
>   Notice that even fixing all of this I won't upload the package (sorry,
> but I find the icons low quality and too windowish), but others may do! :)

Maybe...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)