Re: binary files in diff

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Darren Salt wrote:

I demand that Frank Gevaerts may or may not have written...

I need to add a binary file (a png icon) to my package. What is the best
way to do this, since the "normal" .diff generation does not support this ?

UUcode seems to be the usual way (needs sharutils).

Note perl has the ability to uudecode and encode builtin (perldoc -f pack or unpack and look at the u option.) As perl is an essential package, by using it you can save yourself a needless dependency.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>