Re: RFS: renrot - a program to rename and rotate files according to EXIF tags [andriy@asplinux.ru]

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 18:43 +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > And it's a Perl script. The arch is "all" and not "any", since it's
> > not an arch specific binary.
> Oh, thanks. I've rebuilt the pacakge.

In general it looks good, but I have the following comments:

* The description can be improved.

"A program to" is superfluous and should be removed.

> Renrot renames files according the DateTimeOriginal and FileModifyDate
> EXIF tags, if they exist. Otherwise, the name will be set according to
> the current timestamp. Additionally, it rotates files and their
> thumbnails, accordingly Orientation EXIF tag.

"accordingly" -> "using the"

There's also the problem that your description does not contain
references to JPEG or photos. If I'm looking for "rotate" and "photo" or
"rotate" and "JPEG" I will not find it.

I propose the following revised short- and long description:

 Renrot renames JPEG files according the DateTimeOriginal and
 FileModifyDate EXIF (metadata) tags, if they exist. Otherwise, the name
 will be set according to the current timestamp. Additionally, it
 rotates images and their thumbnails, using the Orientation EXIF tag.

* In debian/watch, replace "update" with "uupdate".

* In debian/rules, you call the distclean target but your upstream
makefile doesn't contain that target.

Otherwise, it looks good. Good luck with your package!

Thijs