Re: RFS: mp3cd

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:14:15PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Saturday 30 September 2006 22:14, Kees Cook wrote:
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > mp3cd      - Implements MP3 CD Burning HOWTO
>
> I find this description not very descriptive. :)
>
> What about "burns audio CDs from MP3 files"?

Sounds good.  I've updated the short description to "Burns normalized
audio CDs from lists of MP3s/WAVs/OGGs/FLACs" and made small changes
to the packaging based on suggestions from my other mentors.d.n upload.

> I built and installed the package. But when calling the program with a
> bunch of MP3 files or a playlist I just get "Cannot find 'decoder:mp3'!"
> Is there a dependency missing?

Since mp3cd handles multiple formats, I put all the decoders in the
"Recommends" line so that I didn't force people to install a decoder
they were never going to use.  However, that particular error message is
pretty useless, so I've rev'd to 1.25.1, where that error now reads:

  Cannot find program to handle 'decoder:mp3'!  Tried: mpg321, mpg123

The new version is 1.25.1-1.  If you have time, can you give it another
try?  Thanks!

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net