Re: RFS: Tunapie

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:38:08 +0100, James Westby wrote:
>> >   * Is debconf really the best way of doing the adult/safe
>> >     configuration?
>>
>> It is the only way I can think of. Do you have any better ideas?
>
> Make it safe by default and add a script to change between them? Make it
> an /etc/tunapie.conf choice? debconf should be used sparingly. I didn't
> even look what priority your questions were.

I have kept this for the time being, as I did not want this setting easily
changed by a non-root user. I could write a config file to /etc/ to
handle it upstream, if people would really prefer this, but I still think
it is best handled by debconf at install, or people will not know this
setting exists, and will write me emails about missing functionality.

I have made all the other changes you suggested, and AFAIK it is
compatible with current Debian python policy etc.

New version is 1.0.2-1 (I altered upstream to add more GPL info to the
headers hence bumping the minor version) at:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tunapie

Many thanks for your interest and help.

James