Re: RFS: png2html (updated package)

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:42:56PM +0100, Jack Grahams wrote:
> > The CFLAGS are not passed to make, so setting -g effectively yields
> > no result as upstream uses his own set of flags.
>
> Good point, I hadn't noticed that - I thought I'd got rid of all the
> pointless parts of debian/rules...

Umm, that's not quite what I meant. :)

"any binaries created should include debugging information", please
see <http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files#s10.1>. Failing
to comply with this part of Policy will warrant a bugreport, so what I
meant was: please take care that the CFLAGS from your previous
debian/rules get passed on correctly.

> > DH_COMPAT is supposed to be used to temporarily override your normal
> > settings as specified in debian/compat
>
> Thanks for the heads-up - I didn't know that - I obviously didn't look
> hard enough in the Policy or Developers' manual!

Both texts better shouldn't go into too much detail about how certain
helper tools are supposed to work. man debhelper reveals that part. :)

Cheers,
Flo

PS: I'm on the list, there is no need to CC me, thanks!