Re: Doubt about license
On 9/26/06, James Westby <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Asking the upstream author about the license of the program, he said
> that it's legacy code and the program is licensed under GPL only.
He holds the copyright on this code?
The full copyright message is:
* The contents of this file are subject to the Netscape Public
* License Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file
* except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
* the License at http://www.mozilla.org/NPL/
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS
* IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or
* implied. See the License for the specific language governing
* rights and limitations under the License.
* The Original Code is mozilla.org code.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Netscape
* Communications Corporation. Portions created by Netscape are
* Copyright (C) 1998 Netscape Communications Corporation. All
* Rights Reserved.
* His name <hisemail>
Looking at this I think that I can't just say that he said it's
released under GPL, right?