Re: License issues with Singular

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 04:51:40PM -0500, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> Any suggestions what can be done? Singular's configure scripts seem to
> refuse to compile without the omalloc library. I'm getting impatient
> waiting for a response from the Singular development team, which did
> answer another question about usage relatively quickly.

  Patch them?   Although I don't know how sensible that is, a name
 like "omalloc" makes me imagine it is some kind of memory allocation
 library.

  With a bit of luck and a couple of #defines you could use one of
 many alternative libraries.

  If you've talked to the upstream you might be able to persuade them
 to make it optional even if you can't do the work.  (Though it is
 always nice to be able to hack packages you maintain, just in case.)

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/