Re: RFS (or feedback): chuck

Le Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:48:21PM +0100, James Westby a écrit :

>     The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
>     included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
>     Any person wishing to distribute modifications to the Software is
>     requested to send the modifications to the original developer so that
>     they can be incorporated into the canonical version.

(...)

> The second clause [...] is probably not DFSG-free.

Hi all,

In a program I am packaging, there was a clause where the users were
requested to cite a relevant article when publishing the results. I
enquired about this to the upstream author, and he confirmed that by
"requested" they did not mean "required".

Do you think that the same interpretation would hold true in the case of
the above clause?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy