Re: File permissions

Op ma, 11-09-2006 te 22:25 +1000, schreef James Healy:
> Mentors,
>
> I am attempting to build a package and lintian is spitting out a bunch
> of "executable-not-elf-or-script" warnings.
>
> The upstream tarball has an examples directory which I am installing
> into the package using dh_installexamples. None of the examples are
> shell scripts or ELF binaries, yet they seem to untar with executable
> permissions.
>
> What is the best way to modify the permissions when I copy them over?
Hi,

Disregard my previous advise. I should have read the man page of
dh_fixperms first:

dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build
directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644.

So it seems you have to do it with a call to chmod in your
debian/rules.

Greetings Arjan