Can a package using a cow-shell be cow-builded?

Dear all,

I am preparing the package of a software which provides regression tests
in a separate directory, for which there is no "make clean" available.
For the moment, I copy the directory somewhere else, perform the tests
in (it generates many files), and delete the directory in debian/rules
clean.

I am tempted to use cow-shell for this, and I am wondering if it would
interfere when the whole package is cow-builded?

I put Junichi in copy of this mail, as he is likely to have an answer...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org