Re: RFS: aria2 [uploaded]

On Friday 01 September 2006 22:13, Patrick Ruckstuhl wrote:
> Christoph Haas wrote:
> > - please do not remove old debian/changelog entries. You already
> >   closed the bug reports in the 0.7.2 version
>
> I thought because the package was rejected it is still the first
> upload (and therefore the first changelog entry with the closes).
> After the package is in debian it's clear to keep (and extend) the
> changelog.

Basically you are right. I'm just a member of the "don't fake the
revision"-club. Some people insist that a Debian package's revision must
be "-1" to be uploaded. However often a package takes a few tries until
it's released so a revision can become 1.0-7 which is no problem at all.
I'm just comparing previous packages with newer packages and wonder why
debian/changelog entries disappear magically.

 Christoph
--
~
~