Re: Question on a package split

Francesco Pedrini <f_pedrini@tiscali.it> wrote:
> After the inspection of the new code and the discover of the new library
> I have a problem with the design of the new package structure, because
> if I follow the splitting scheme written above I'll have:
>
> kmobiletools - the real application;
> libkmobiletools - the foundation library;
> libkmobiletools-dev - libkmobiletools development files;
> kmobiletools-plugin-kontact - the plugin;
> libkmobiletools_at - the engine for AT based phone;
>
> From my perspective 5 binary packages and 2 pseudo packages are too
> much, I can delete the pseudo packages but 5 packages are still too
> much.

	Can kmobliletools-plugin-kontact (or anything else out there based
on libkmobiletools) operate independantly of the main application? If not,
the only split might need to be the kontact plugin vs. kmobiletools, to
avoid kmobiletools depending on kontact.

	Either way, I don't think that's too much splitting, but you could
eliminate one library by mergeing the packages for libkmobiletools_at and
libkmobiletools together.

	Cheers,
		Tyler