Re: RFC: ipodslave

Hello Varun,

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 14:51 +0530, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Hello Mentors,
>   I am looking for comments and suggestions about my package ipodslave:

Ok, here's some comments:

* You're still using standards-version 3.6.2 while current policy is
  3.7.2.

* You install the docs NEWS and thoughts.txt which are (essentially)
  empty; that's not useful.

* You mention the upstream homepage in the description, but the
  convention is to just use the word "Homepage: " for that (see
  developer's reference).

* There's CVS dirs in your package. Use the -i and -I switches to
  dpkg-buildpackage to make sure they don't end up in the package.

Good luck with your package!

Thijs