RFS: tptest-gui

Hi list,

As a long satisfied user of Debian I think it is time for me to pay something back to the community.

Background: I got a new ISP and in the initial process there was some problems with having the promised bandwidth. To find out where the problems were the ISP wanted me to download and install and application which could test the bandwidth between me and the DSLAM at the ISP. Unfortunately this application was only available for MS Windows and MOSX and this particular application was the only one the ISP would take into consideration - an angry GNU/Linux user slammed the phone:-)

Doing some googling directed me to a project on sourceforge - TPTEST3, which had the source code for the back-end and for the MS Windows and MSOX front-ends. All the source code was licenced under GPL in which case I decided to make a front-end for GNU/Linux using GTK2. It is this front-end I would gladly share with the Debian community.

Name: tptest-gui-0.4
License: GPL

Short description: The front-end uses a either a master server giving addresses of available test servers or a stand-alone test server to send or receive data, increasing the load until maximum load is discovered - automatically decided when throughput is not increased. When maximum throughput is found the user can see the statistic - Up/down TCP and UDP and an indication of available bandwidth - (TCP/UDP * 100).

Long description: The initial project was developed on behalf of the Swedish Consumer Agency. A description can be found on this address: http://tptest.sourceforge.net/.

Get the package from my site: http://www.datanom.net/tptest-gui/download.html

You will find the source tar-ball, binary packages for Debian Sarge and Sid and finally a link to the complete source packages.

Looking forward to here from you.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer!