Re: RFS: bottlerocket

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 13:49 -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.05b3-7 of my
> package "bottlerocket".  It was recently orphaned and since I use
> the package in my home to control lights, I filed an ITA in order to
> keep it in Debian.

Excellent, always good to see people adopting packages. Some comments:

      * debian/control: Perhaps change the short description to mention
        home automation?
      * debian/rules: you might want to use this to install:
        make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/bottlerocket
      * debian/rules: might want to turn off DH_VERBOSE :)
      * debian/rules: DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE and DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE are not
        passed to ./configure
      * debian/rules: just make distclean should be enough, shouldn't
        it?
      * debian/copyright: download location points to a page that says:
        "Neil Cherry has taken over maintenance of BottleRocket; please
        visit his site at http://www.linuxha.com/";
      * debian/copyright needs a small rework according to:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

      * might want to remove the FILES and COMPILING sections of the
        upstream README, and ask upstream to split them out into
        README.build or something.
      * hmm, the rocket_launcher homepage seems broken
      * did you send the patches/manpages upstream?
      * don't forget to acknowledge the NMUs by closing the bugs fixed
        in NMUs with the appropriate version:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=bottlerocket#_3_4_5

      * please review the debtags on your package:

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/edit.cgi?pkg=bottlerocket

--
bye,
pabs