Re: contribution in Debian,

Le Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:45:50PM +0530, Deepak Kumar Tripathi a écrit :

>    I am Deepak and I asked this question many times that how will start
>    contribution in Debian (particularly in perl or python / ruby area).

Dear Deepak,

If you are interested in biology, there are many softwares that you
could package. I have established some wiki pages in which I listed the
programs, their licences, and their prospective dependancies.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSystemsBiology
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSequenceAnalysis
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMolecularBiology
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGenomics

I am sure you can find something to your taste, from the easy to the
very challenging task. Do not hesitate to come discuss on the debian-med
mailing list if you are interested in packaging those software.

Also, a few of them may be interesting for non-biologists, in particular
the packages related to graphes in DebianSystemsBiology. Tool such as
the ones to study the Debian keyring to produce pictures like this
http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/phillylinux.jpg are increseangly popular
in biology.

Have a nice day.

PS: many of us tend to discard html mails when they are not properly
displayed on console tools. Please try to use plain text when html is
not required (= 99.99 % of the times).

--
Charles