binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath documentation

Hi,

A package I am creating from scratch is giving me the lintian warning
binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath. lintian-info in turn tells me "Please
contact debian-devel@lists.debian.org if you have questions about this."

My search revealed two possible solutions: 'configure --disable-rpath'
where supported, or 'chrpath -d'. It seems that if removing unwanted
rpaths is really this simple, it could be stated within the lintian
info.

For that matter, it would even be nice for lintian to refer to some
external documentation on the matter, to avoid users having to
repeatedly filter through years of mailing list archives.

So, my questions are: Have I succesfully identified the currently
accepted ways of fixing this warning? Should I file a bug with lintian
to provide more information on this, possibly suggesting the use of
chrpath? Should I file a bug with developers-reference asking for a
section documenting this problem and its solutions?

thanks,
Charles

--
This will never