Re: Debian 3.1 packaging documentation

Thank you Carlo,

Actually, I was cutting a few corners and did a quick
read through the Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Bible as well as
a few other sites (I like IBM's site for quick answers
for lots of little tid bits!) and I created the DEBIAN
directory with associated files and skipped the
dh_install process as I thought it was primarily for
when building from source, which I'm not delivering...
 I later started looking again and it seems that I'm
missing maybe the debconf file to hold the users

I also noticed that it's quite possible that my
postinst file may have failed due to a bad sed command
so I'll check to see if it's correctly being called as
I do not know if the dpkg -configure is necessary as
one site indicated it may be required.

I'm really new to Debian (about 5 days) so I'm sorry
if my learning curve is slow.

Do you think I'm on track?

Thanks!

Robert