Re: Custom Perl library location

Mattias Nordstrom wrote:
> I'm packaging cdrw-taper and it replaces Amandas /usr/lib/amanda/taper
> with a Perl script. This Perl script uses a taperlib.pm library which is
> now located in the same path. Linda however doesn't like this and reports:
>
> W: cdrw-taper; File /usr/lib/amanda/taperlib.pm contained in /usr/lib of
> Architecture: all package.
>  The file shown above is installed into /usr/lib, but the package that
>  contains it is a architecture-independent package. This file should be
>  installed into /usr/share instead.
>
> Can I just override this or should taperlib.pm be put somewhere else,
> like /usr/share/perl5/taperlib.pm ?

I'd do the followoing:

It taperlib.pm is useful for other packages, the perhaps put it in
/usr/share/perl5 (and maybe even in a separate package libtaberlib-perl).

If, on the other hand, cdrw-taper is the only package that uses
taperlib, put in in /usr/share/cdrw-taper and "use lib
'/usr/share/cdrw-taper';" in cdrw-taper.

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                           Modular Software Systems
dam@modsoftsys.com