Re: RFS: xlife - X11R7 changes

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

>>> mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
>>> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/lib/X11/config
>>> Imakefile.c:39: error: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
>>> imake: Exit code 1.
>>>   Stop.
>>> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
>>
>> This looks like you have the wrong version of xutils-dev.

> Is that a screwup of his systems or a missing versioned Build-Depends
> on xutils-dev on my part?

It was a grave bug in some early versions of xutils-dev.  On the general
principal that serious bugs in other packages shouldn't result in
versioned dependencies on the fixed versions unless there's some important
reason why people might have the old version (such as having it release
with stable), I'd say that the build-depends are fine and he just needs to
upgrade to the current xutils-dev.  The bad one never got out of unstable,
I'm fairly sure.