Re: How to include information about a source package ?

On Sunday 30 April 2006 21:37, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be> writes:
> > On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 12:05:19AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> >> One advantage of insisting on a get-orig-source target
> >
> > Do you insist on a get-orig-source target while sponsoring? It's
> > currently optional according to the debian-policy.
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules
>
> I don't find get-orig-source as useful for normal packages that don't
> require repackaging of upstream source.  In that case, for the most part,
> I don't think it's worth the effort.

Nobody says that get-orig-source must be only used for repackaging purposes. I
think it is fine to have such target just getting the upstream source (ok a
hash checking against a previously checked and trusted version is required)
without further modifications over it which is to be built on the autobuilder
or end user side. Any worries with that ?

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB